Sunday, January 11, 2009

Day 10- My dad's 88th birthday-wow-so dh and I spent the day with him. First though, I called him and sang happy birthday. This is a tradition in my family because df was a captain on an oil tanker which meant he was away from home on nearly all holidays. He would always call me on my birthday and sing to me, no matter where he was. So after I shopped for df and dh set up his new weather gizmo that was a gift from his grandkids, I baked him his favorite cake. My mom used to always make it for my dad and I think he loves it the best because he always says how "pretty"it is! I think he likes the way it tastes too!

Day 9-This is me-off to work, it is cold, well, I realize that is a relative statement, but for me, living in Las Vegas, 38 in the am is cold! So I am bundled up with a hoodie, jacket, gloves, scarf and, of course my helmet. For now, it is a blue helmet, but I am on the hunt for a red one because now that I am 50, I am entitled to wear a RED hat, with my purple bike!


2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    I really like your pictures! That cake looks yummy!!!! And riding a bike in the cold, when you're still a little tired, so it seems much more cold than it is, oh that just makes you long for spring!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val! You are amazing! I'm so impressed w/ all the biking you do. Great picts for your Proj 365. I passed you a FABBY Blog Award! Check out my blog for details.

    ReplyDelete